Studio and Project Manager
Incorporate Design is a busy, independent branding and communications agency based near Surbiton in Surrey. We build lasting value for our clients by obliterating indifference to their brands.
We deliver brand strategies and create brand identities – and we help brands communicate on paper, on screen and on location. Some of our clients are huge globally recognised companies and some are new start-ups. We also work across a wide variety of business sectors in lots of different countries. This variety keeps us on our toes.
We have been trading for over 45 years, so we’re definitely not a here today, gone tomorrow kind of place. We are a tight-knit and experienced team of seven – owned and managed by two brothers. Because we’re a family firm, the depth of commitment to each other and our clients goes deeper than most.
We’ve worked hard to make our studio a supportive and inspirational environment where people can enjoy what they do and really contribute to the success of the company. We come to work with a smile and we’re fuelled with tea and biscuits.
We’re looking for a lynchpin. The person we employ will be integral to our organisation going forward. We need you to manage our studio across all projects, disciplines and clients.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you’ll also be working closely with our Creative Director and acting as the conduit between the creative and client facing teams. You’ll also need to be happy liaising directly with clients on a daily basis.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Scheduling workflow through the studio on a daily basis
• Account management and planning administration necessary to deliver a project from end to end
• Creating and managing project delivery timetables and producing WIP update reports for management and clients
• Briefing the creative team
• Participating in creative brainstorming sessions
• Making sure that correct systems and processes are followed
• Spell-checking and proofing design, content and artwork – ensuring compliance with brand guidelines where necessary
• Signing off printers’ proofs for production
• Being involved in quoting and budgeting on projects and assisting with final invoicing
You love being organised and organising others. You have a quick mind and you’re adept at juggling sometimes competing priorities successfully – in order to keep the design team on track so that projects get delivered on time and in budget. You are calm under the pressure of a busy studio.
We’re small and agile, so you need to be versatile and willing to roll your sleeves up and muck in. There is no hierarchy when something needs to get done. It is all hands on deck.
You need to be a confident communicator. We’re not interested in ego, but we do value an opinion. You’ll need to be able to give and take constructive criticism – always exchanged to make our work better. Make your voice heard and you’ll be listened to.
• Previous experience working in a busy creative agency
• A track record of working successfully with clients at all levels of seniority
• Heroic organisational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A decent level of numeracy
• Fluency with Apple hardware
• Experience of working with software applications such as Dropbox file sharing, studio management and scheduling software, Slack and Trello collaboration tools, as well as the usual Microsoft Office packages. If you know your way around the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, then even better.
• Knowledge of print production processes would also be an advantage.
Joining our team has many perks. It must be good, as no one ever seems to leave!
To start with, you don’t have to endure the rush hour commute to London. We also offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with bonuses, a pension scheme and life insurance. You’ll start with 20 days holiday a year plus a week off at Christmas – and your holiday entitlement will increase after three years employment.
Now that’s all important, but it’s not everything. We have a rewarding and entrepreneurial culture that makes coming to work worthwhile. Plus we have a lot of fun: we have summer days out and Christmas socials; we’ve been known to throw down cook-off challenges and don’t forget the annual Strictly sweepstake. We have monthly Innovate sessions, where we share that which has caught our collective eye, and we devote two days a year to charitable activity.
Because we care about our personal relationships, everyone who applies will receive a response. So pop your CV and a covering letter in the post or email it to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer.